Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pre-departure

Fun times doing bad things. But that's why it's so fun. I think one of the best part about going away is that people make more of an effort to make your last days memorable.

I turned 21.
I went to my first club/bar in Boston illegally AND legally (I worked on my birthday at Whiskey Park).
I bought my first alcohol (and drank it in the car with two underaged people).
Got caked for the first time (the 1st one was pathetic, 2nd one was a little bit more extreme).
Went on an adventure at midnight.
And spent so much money preparing to leave that I probably do not have much more to spend in France.

I'm very nervous.
My original flight got cancelled and now I'm traveling there alone. I have to find my way to Grenoble, then to the place I'm staying at, and I'll be late for the welcoming buffet.
I know no French. Don't understand how their websites work. Have never been on my own (laundry! yikes! cooking!)
Never had my own room..

Here's where I'm staying at: http://www.residhome.com/uk/hotel-residence-aparthotel-grenoble-194.html

Sigh. Scared.
But excited.

Only problem is, my family is going through some big, unfortunate changes and I'm leaving them right when it's happening..
I hope they can get by without me.

3 comments:

SK said...

I'm sure you will have so many great experiences and self revelations while you are there. I'm excited to hear all about it! Please post pictures on your blog when you can! :)

Bonne journee!

SK said...

I'm sure you will have so many great experiences and self revelations while you are there. I'm excited to hear all about it! Please post pictures on your blog when you can! :)

Bonne journee!

Lisa said...

u forgot the missed caking hahaa
i hope everything back home is okay..