Monday, August 31, 2009

Book Review / Current Obsession

I just finished reading a book that I bought in China:

On A Wave by Thad Ziolkowski (don't know how to say that)
It's about surfing, obviously, and I bought it in Hong Kong after I went surfing for my first time.

It's a memoir about the author who spent his childhood surfing after moving to Florida with his mom, younger brother, and stepfather who he didn't like. He adpts the surfer stereotype - the way of speaking, the clothing, sex, and even the drugs (smoking pot at age 10 but outgrowing it by age 15).

It's moving.

Honestly, I don't know who I would recommend it to, but I liked it.

Anyway, inspired by this book, as well as my reminiscing my surfing experience in China, I looked up places in New England to surf and succeeded!

I will be going to the Cape this Sunday (hopefully) with friends (hopefully) and my youngest sister, Jacqueline (hopefully), to take another surfing lesson and just enjoy the water. YAY! Super excited.

Speaking of water, I am working on my health.

Project Water. I have blue post-its [from work] and I will post them in places that I definitely will see and it will say "Drink [more] Water!" as a reminder to myself to stay hydrated because my passing out habit is unexceptable.
I have one on my computer monitor here at work and so far, it's working. I have to go pee now.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

this reminds me i still have your vampire book that i never finished. oops. haha. i should give that bak to you... SORRY!
unexceptable haahaa unacceptable? stop this chinaness.